Vaisala, announced the availability of its best-in-class air quality sensor and monitoring solution, which is cost-effective, scalable, accurate, and easy-to-set-up – putting cities in control of air quality decisions.
Vaisala’s new AQT530 sensor can be connected to customer’s own system or to Vaisala’s innovative weather and environmental intelligence platform. When paired with Vaisala Beacon Weather Station and Wx Beacon UI for measurement data, stakeholders also gain access to additional key weather parameters, plus connectivity to transfer, manage, and visualize all of the data.
“Air pollution is a major environmental risk to health, yet 91% of the world’s population lives in areas where the World Health Organization (WHO) deems the quality of air to be below acceptable,” said Samuli Hänninen, Vice President, Products & Technologies, Weather and Environment, Vaisala. “By providing trustworthy insights, our solution helps mitigate the adverse effects of air pollution to make city air more breathable and enable proactive environmental stewardship.”
The new Vaisala offering delivers superior data and insights, resulting in empowered governments, businesses, and citizens. It provides a clear picture of air quality conditions and enhances situational awareness to improve lives in communities across the world.
Vaisala’s air quality monitoring solution benefits include:
- Accurate and reliable measurement of top-priority pollutants – AQT530 proactively measures nitrogen dioxide (NO2), nitric oxide (NO), ozone (O3), and carbon monoxide (CO), as well as PM2.5 and PM10 particulate matter.
- Intelligent algorithms – Proprietary advanced algorithms compensate for the impact of ambient conditions.
- Easy installation, deployment, and maintenance – Installation is quick and cost-effective. Plus, intelligent humidity management improves the lifetime of electrochemical cells
- Unprecedented data security – Provides unparalleled data protection and integrity.
- Comprehensive 24/7 reporting – Measurement data is sent wirelessly to a web-based database with a gateway solution or is available to local systems through open APIs, driving down exposure to pollution hotspots.
- A holistic, integrated solution – Includes air quality and weather sensors, network connectivity, cloud-based data storage, APIs, and data visualization.